Recent developments in technology have allowed us to develop a low cost and highly reliable RFID active tag solution. ActiveWave RFID tags have many advantages over conventional RFID passive tags and RFID active tags.
Advantages Over Passive Tag Solutions:
- Longer Read Range-
RFID Passive tags have read ranges limited to a few feet. ActiveWave RFID tags have a read range of up to 85 meters (~279 feet).
- Larger Data Storage Capacity-
Passive tags have limited data storage capacity compared to the ActiveWave RFID active tags.
- Data Can Be Sent at Designated Times-
Passive tags send data only when they are in close proximity to the RFID reader. Because of the large read range, ActiveWave RFID tags can send data at pre-designated intervals or at certain locations.
- Longer Life- ActiveWave uses the latest technology to achieve reliability and life that rivals other active tags.
- Lower Cost- ActiveWave RFID tags uses the latest technology and integration to provide you with a very cost effective tag.
- Smaller Size- ActiveWave RFID tags are smaller than Active tags based on older technology.
Advantages Over Other RFID Active Tags:
- Very low cost, read-only tag, for access control
- Compact-size tag for wrist bands
- Standard, long-range, read/write tag
- High-security, long-range, bi-directional, read/write tag
- Available in different sizes, based on the application
Summary of Features:
Read Only vs. Read/Write Tags
ActiveWave offers Read Only and Read/Write RFID tags.
Read Only Tags: The transponders generally provide a fixed factory-set identification code, which is tamperproof, and are known as Read Only (R/O). The unique code, known as a License Plate, enables the tag to be cross-referenced with a database, thereby allowing the tagged item to be closely followed and monitored.
Read/Write Tags: The customer can modify the tag's data. This offers advantages in many applications where the identification code needs to be changed, or where variable data is more important than a unique identity.
The Active Wave Advantage
RFID Active Tags
Integrated RFID Solutions
RFID Product Datasheets
Rental Car Lots
Want to build your own ActiveWave products? Click here to visit our repo for all the required files for our total RFID solutions!